VET Student Loans
From 1 January 2017, VET Student Loans will be implemented and VET FEE-HELP will cease for all new students.
VET Student Loans will assist eligible students who are enrolled in a Diploma course, to pay for their course fees.
- Eligible students will be entitled for loans up to a capped amount of $10,000.
- Providers may charge above this cap for a course, and if so, students will be expected to pay for the difference according to the provider’s billing period.
There are specific criteria students must meet to be eligible for a loan through VET Student Loans.
Students must have been assessed as academically suited to undertake the course. This means a student must be;
- an Australian citizen; or
- hold a permanent humanitarian visa and usually reside in Australia; or
- be a qualifying New Zealand citizen
For more information about the proposed VET Student Loans, click here
WHAT IF I AM CURRENTLY ACCESSING VET FEE-HELP?
The VET FEE-HELP scheme is ceasing 31st December 2016, with a transition period for existing students accessing VET FEE-HELP until December 2017.
If you are an existing VET FEE-HELP student, click here